Thom Yorke is the new coverboy for the February issue of Dazed & Confused mag…aka best Valentine’s day present ever.
For me, any opportunity to hear Thom Yorke speak about music, art, and life is a gift. I can’t wait read their in-depth interview about his first group album outside of Radiohead with Atoms For Peace, and their upcoming album Amok! Not only did the magazine bless us with this fabulous covershoot and spread of Thom being beautiful, brilliant, and perfect through photos and words, but they also asked him to put a mix together of his favorite songs for Dazed Digital.
Instead, (because he loves us and wants us to be happy) Thom Yorke went into the studio with producer (and Atoms For Peace member) Nigel Godrich and put together 25 minutes of unreleased remixes and solo material. Listening to it today, like all music by Thom Yorke, made my heard explode and my brain dance. Listen and check out the track listing below!
– Cycles MK 3 – Thom Yorke
– You Wouldn’t Like Me When I’m Angry (unfinished mix) – Atoms For Peace
– Mali: Kono, the Sacred Bird – Mali Musicians
– Proud Evolution (Thom York 500quid rmx) – Liars
– I Don’t Need An Excuse (unfinished) – Thom Yorke
– Bloom (treatments) – Radiohead
– Morning Shiver Down The Back Wood River – Anstam
– Give Up The Ghost (Thom Yorke rmx) – Radiohead
– The Grind – Average Joe vs Unless – Atoms For Peace
Check out more gorgeous shots of Thom Yorke by Richard Burbridge: